Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Erykah Badu - Didn't Cha Know




I Am Danna Kiel...
She is ...Erykah Badu
We Are...One


This is what the road less travelled looks like and this is how we suit up. This song has deep tissue resonance. As a follower of her work and her music my thirst for a voice (vocally, lyrically and spiritually) that matches my heart's voice is unquenchable. I always want to hear her. She is a channel that is always available and open to what the creator sends to and through her. Further like our greatest artists she shares...

I still remember a secret show deep in the Knitting Factory where she signed my Mama's Gun CD from the stage. Hearing the song live that night was one of many layers of liberation for me. I watched her tap her shoulders when singing "but I ain't scared to take the weight" and then look back when singing "so when I stumble off the path I know my heart will guide me back".

As an artist and artisan who creatively and artistically benefitted from an era where music videos were King; I must give a shout out to Black Dog Films (Ridley Scott), Erykah Badu and Jake Scott (son of Ridley Scott) who collaborated on the video's direction and to the DP who's credit I cannot find for a breathtaking and resonant piece of art.

Art like this is what keeps a content creator inspired and moving...What moves you? Do More of That!

Write, produce, direct

Danna

No comments: